Join us in shaping the future of the next generation.
Bespoke support for trainee teachers
We are passionate about training innovative, enthusiastic and effective teachers. We offer an exciting Primary School Direct training course that allows you to spend considerable time in schools working with children and other teachers, while still gaining a PGCE with QTS. Due to the smaller size of our cohorts, our programme also allows for you to get to know us really well, and for us to tailor our support to your specific developmental needs as you grow in confidence in the classroom.
We work in partnership with The University of Manchester (an outstanding provider of Initial Teacher Training). Throughout the year training is delivered by tutors from The University of Manchester and by outstanding teachers from across our training hub schools.
What are the schools like?
We have carefully selected 4 schools to join our training hub, each one offering something unique. You will get experience working in a mixture of small and larger primary schools in both rural and urban settings. However, our schools do have two things in common – all are committed to providing a first class education for their pupils and all are passionate about training inspiring new teachers who are bright, passionate and ambitious.
Find out more about our School Direct training schools:
What you will gain from this programme
• Initial teacher training delivered to the highest standard to help you take up your first teaching post with confidence, knowing that you have gained excellence in knowledge’ understanding and skills related to teaching and practical classroom experience.
• A thorough understanding of how to teach the Primary curriculum in creative ways to excite and stimulate children whilst ensuring they make good progress
• A comprehensive knowledge of a specialist subject preparing you to take a leadership role in school. Skills in monitoring and managing your own development and an ability to reflect on alternative approaches to education, will help you to make your own informed choices and aid your career progression.
What we offer
Our team promises to provide trainees with:
• A PGCE with Masters credits from the University of Manchester as well as Qualified Teacher Status.
• High quality school based training within a range of primary schools combined with on campus study and quality assurance from the University of Manchester.
• Exceptional professional learning opportunities from across our teaching school alliance
• A breadth of continuous professional development and strategic placements to meet personal needs
• Excellent online professional studies education
• A range of experiences within a nurturing environment, quality assured throughout
• A guaranteed interview for employment as well as the opportunity to go into our NQT recruitment pool
• Access to our wide range of training, cutting edge research projects and other professional development opportunities after you complete your training with us
Who is this course for?
If you want to inspire pupils aged 3-11 and wish to learn the latest approaches and strategies to make you a confident and capable teacher, this programme is for you!
Our higher education partner is The University of Manchester and you will need to meet their wider entry criteria. In addition you will need a minimum of 5 days primary classroom experience, probably gained through volunteering at a local primary school. If you don’t yet have any experience, please do get in touch (below), we may be able to help with this.
A 2:1 or above honours degree in a non-vocational subject. However, vocational subjects may be considered in some circumstances.
Applicants with a 2:2 honours degree may be considered but must be able to demonstrate evidence of higher academic attainment (eg through postgraduate study) or extensive experience working in schools.
You must also have two A-levels at grade C or above in non-vocational subjects, and a minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language, mathematics, and science, plus GCSE grade C in at least three other non-vocational subjects.
What are my career prospects?
As a community of schools we guarantee that you will receive an interview with any school in the hub that has a suitable vacancy! You will also receive extensive training helping you with job applications, interview techniques and other skills to aid you gaining employment. It is hoped that many of you will be able to complete your NQT year in one of our hub schools.
Want to know more?
For more information please get in touch: email@example.com
To find out how to apply for our teacher training programme visit the Department for Education’s teacher training website.