‘Great Classrooms’ School Improvement Network
Creating Outstanding Learners in Outstanding Schools
The ‘Great Classrooms Project’ aims to build on the best of traditional school improvement projects. It combines in-depth enquiry into the most effective aspects of learning from academic research and school practice to develop a sophisticated working understanding of what outstanding learning really looks like. Teams from participating schools identify a school priority to work on during the second year of the project. This will be supported by enquiry days and coaching sessions in school.
To understand, analyse, apply and create the elements of outstanding teaching and learning. This will include…
- An in depth investigation into pedagogy and aspects of learning
- The identification of a school priority
- Opportunities for school teams to work together on their project
- Research and development around that priority
- Sharing of ideas and learning together
- Evaluation of impact on achievement
- Coaching and in school support to further develop each school’s project
The exact elements will vary to reflect the nature of school projects and the needs and interests of participants
Want to know more?
Contact us to discuss your school’s need email@example.com