Boosting Reading Potential
(also known as Better Reading Partners)
This one day course aims to support pupils from Year 1 – Year 10 to be good or better readers.
BRP is a 10 week highly structured intervention programme delivered by Teaching Assistants on a 1:1 basis. In KS1, TAs support pupils working at low average levels in reading. In KS2 and KS3, TAs support pupils working with a reading age within 2 years behind their chronological age.
The course includes
• Developing teaching strategies and prompts for successful problem-solving in reading
• The planning of good book introductions to effectively scaffold children’s progress in reading
• Developing fluent reading to aid reading comprehension and enjoyment
• Effective analysis of reading behaviour to inform next steps and future planning
• The opportunity to observe and discuss a BRP reading lesson
English subject leaders, SENCOs, teachers, teaching assistants (it is advised that teachers and teaching assistants attend together to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment within your school).
£125 per delegate
£25 per resource file
Centre for Reading Recovery based at Oasis Academy Limeside
20th October 2015, 9am – 3pm or
1st March 2016, 9am – 3pm or
20th April 2016, 9am – 3pm
“I now feel really well prepared to support children’s reading. I didn’t realise how much dependence on me I was encouraging before today!”
Oasis Academy Oldham
Want to know more?
Contact us to discuss your school’s need Leah.Freeman@oasislimeside.org