Closing the Gap with Reading Recovery
Is every child a reader by the end of Key Stage 1 in your school? Here’s how they could be…
Reading Recovery has an unparalleled track record in achieving success with children that have potential barriers to success in reading.
What is Reading Recovery?
- A short-term literacy intervention designed for children aged 5 or 6 who are the lowest literacy achievers after their first year of school
- It involves daily one-to-one teaching by a specially trained Reading Recovery teacher
- Each lesson is personalised to the individual needs of each child
- Every lesson includes reading and writing
- The application of phonics is integral to every lesson
What can a Reading Recovery teacher offer your school?
- In-school expertise in literacy, supporting staff to develop the very best practice in literacy teaching throughout school
- Offer effective intervention for the very lowest attaining children in Key Stage 1
- Enable you to deliver lighter touch interventions
- Help ensure that all children can achieve success in the new national reading test
Costs and contact:
At a time of tight budgets, spending has to be prioritised and what could be a higher priority than ensuring that all children are readers? Professional development in Reading Recovery for the initial year of training is £3000. Accreditation is awarded by the Institute of Education, London.
Want to know more?
Contact us to discuss your school’s need Leah.Freeman@oasislimeside.org